Monday, June 16, 2008

I Can Be a Friend

Song: Give Said the Little Stream
Prayer: Tyler
Scripture: Arthur

Lesson: I Can be a Friend

1. Who are your friends?
Use 3 hand puppets (1 sad, 1 mad, 1 happy)

Let me introduce you to a special friend of mine. Pull out sad friend
Is she mad, sad, or happy?
what do we do when our friends are sad? ask her what is wrong? offer to help

Pull out mad friend
Is she mad, sad, or happy?
what do we do when our friends are mad? ask her why she is mad. offer to help.

Pull out happy friend
this is how our friends feel when we help them or make them feel better.

I have a picture of another very special friend. Do you know who this is? (Show a picture of Jesus)

How do you know that Jesus is your friend?

Explain that Jesus loves us and would do anything to help us. He teaches us good things and wants us to return to him and Heavenly Father. Good friends want us to do good things and be good boys and girls.



Activity:

Have the children stand and sing “Fun to Do” (Children’s Songbook, p. 253), using the phrase “Sharing my (toys, book, or whatever else the children suggest) is fun to do.” Have the children make up actions to go along with the words.

Sharing my toys is fun to do,
Fun to do, to do, to do!
Sharing my toys is fun to do,
To do, to do, to do!

Prayer: Arthur

This lesson was adapted from Primary 1:Lesson 33

0 comments: